BOARD OF DIRECTORS
EVANGELINE ROBERTS INSTITUTE OF LEARNING CHARTER SCHOOL
6785 Imperial Ave, San Diego, California
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERSENTATIONS TO THE BOARD BY PARENTS AND CITIZENS
The Evangeline Roberts Institute of Learning Charter School welcomes your participation at the School’s Board meetings. The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors is to conduct the affairs of the school in public. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in the Evangeline Roberts Institute of Learning Charter School. To assist you in the ease of speaking/participating in our meetings, the following guidelines are provided:
1. Agendas are available to all audience members at the door to the meeting.
2. “Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak on any agenda items or under the general category of “Oral Communication.” “Oral Communication” is set aside for members of the audience to raise issues that are not specifically on the agenda. However, due to public meeting laws, the
Board can only listen to your issue, not respond or take action. These presentations are limited to three (3) and total time allotted to non-agenda items will not exceed fifteen (15) minutes. The Board may give
direction to staff to respond to your concern or you may be offered the option of returning with a citizen-
3. You may also complete a “Request to Speak” form to address the Board on Agenda items. With regard to
such agenda items, you may specify that agenda item on your “Respect to Speak” form and you will be given an opportunity to speak for up to five (5) minutes when the Board discusses that item.
4. When addressing the Board, speakers are requested to state their name and address and adhere to the time limits set forth.
5. Any public records relating to an agenda item for an open session of the Board which are distributed to all, or a majority of all, of the Board members shall be available for public inspection at 6785 Imperial Ave, San Diego, California.
|In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and upon request, Evangeline Roberts Institute of Learning Charter School may furnish reasonable auxiliary aids and services to qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals who require appropriate alternative modification of the agenda in order participate in Board meetings are invited to contact the School.|
- A.CALL TO ORDER
Meeting was called to order by the Board Chair at ______________________.
- B.ROLL CALL
Mrs. Celia Walker ______ ______
Mrs. Carol Turner ______ ______
Ms. Joyce Suber ______ ______
Mr. Chanae Jackson ______ ______
Mr. Ricky Williamson ______ ______
- C.FLAG SALUTE
- ORAL COMMUNICATION: Non-agenda items: no individual presentation shall be for more than three (3) minutes and the total time for this purpose shall not exceed fifteen (15) minutes. Ordinarily, Board members will not respond to presentations and no action can be taken. However, the Board may give direction to staff following a presentation.
- For Information: Principal’s Report
This is a presentation of information which has occurred since the previous Board meeting.
- For Information: Board/Staff Discussion
Board and staff discuss items of mutual interest
- For Information: Financial Report
III. ITEMS SCHEDULED FOR ACTION
- 2016-17 Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) – discussion/action
It is recommended that the Board approve the Motion:______ Action:______
2016-17 LCAP. Second:______ Vote: ______
V. CLOSED SESSION
A. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL--ANTICIPATED LITIGATION. Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Paragraph (2) or (3) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9: (1 case)
VI. ADJOURNMENT The meeting was adjourned at _____________________________.